Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Civil War

Okay. I've been trying not to get excited about this, but the first issue was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, I've been burned way too often by Mark Millar sweet beginings that preface an utterly rubbish ending. Superman: Red Son was one of the few stories that he's written that has a good ending. Actually, it has a great ending. One that totally blew me away. I was very impressed by Millars abilities in this story, but unfortunately he has yet to prove to me that he's not a one-hit-wonder! If you haven't read it, buy this now! You will not regret it.

Dammit! I've been trying to find a nice link to show off Red Son, but the only decent one I can find is a Wikipedia entry, and that totally gives away the neat twist. Just trust me. You'll enjoy Red Son.

But I've gotten off topic.

Civil War. I'm with Captain America, as the banner currently on the right of the page states. I'm surprised at who is against him, siding with Iron Man. Spider-Man?!? Surely he would be against registration! Maybe the bribe of a new (rubbish) costume was enough to buy Spideys vote.

Anyway. Go Cap! Kick those SHIELD soldiers around and show 'em who's boss! You da man!

No comments: