Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Craptastic TV

Hoo! I almost forgot about my sweet haul over the last week or so. I managed to get my hands on a number of TV movies and not so TV movies that I've been looking for forever. Here's a brief rundown:

Nick Fury: Agent of Shield- David Hasselhof stars as the eye-patch wearing Nick Fury in this pilot for a series that was never made. I loved watching this at last, I've been wanting to see it for years but it's hard to find. It's terrible, with the acting standing out as some of the worst I've seen in a while. The dialog is cheesy most of the time, but there are some nice lines. I recommend this to be watched with a group of friends and heckled, Mystery Science Theater 3000 style.

Captain America- I haven't brought myself to watch this yet. It looks terrible, but not in the oh-so-enjoyable way that Nick Fury was. I flicked through it to see some of the action and the costume, both of which I could do better myself at home with a few mates. Ah, rubber ears, how I've missed you.

Fantastic Four- While I bought the new FF movie last week, I also got the never released, rarely seen 1994 atrocity. Mr. Fantastic is done using cheap home-movie style camera tricks, Sue is a photoshopped effect and Human Torch is a poor attempt at a cheap fire effect too. Only the Thing is kinda decent. He's made the same way those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were for the live action movies, and he comes out looking quiet good. Dr. Doom is well done also, if a little on the cheap side. At least he looks like Doom from the comics, unlike the newer version. The mask and cloak are direct copies from the comic page. Nice.

Oh. Yeah. The movie is rubbish though.

Justice League of America- Again, a pilot episode for a series that never got made. Interesting to watch, I'm sure. I've only flicked through it to see what the characters look like, but will give a full update on how bad it is once I have. This is definately another group heckling kinda movie, so it'll probably be the weekend before I see it.

While on the subject of things I got my hands on, I alos got some very poor quality episodes of Spider-Man & Friends, the 1980's cartoon staring Spidey, Iceman and FireStar. They lived together with Spideys Aunt May and had a secret base under the house. Yet again, another caroon I remember being much better than it actually was. Not that I was surprised.

No comments: