Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mutant Healing Factor Or Medication?

Honestly, I don't care which, though having a mutant healing factor would be far cooler! Either way, I feel much better this fine Sunday morning! I woke up with only a very mild discomfort, was able to get out of bed without sounding like a 90 year old, and managed to put on both my socks straight away!! Yesterday, I managed to get on my right sock after a struggle and substantial discomfort, but I spent the next two hours wandering the house with only one sock before eventually getting the left one on.

Also, thanks to a wonderful suggestion from Yvonne, that sage among mortals, I was able to have a shower without getting the dressing on my wound wet! Yay! I feel clean, and I think the hot shower helped make me feel a bit better as well.

Edit: Well shit. This hadn't even been posted ten minutes when I suddenly got very dizzy and violently nauseous. My head began to burn, sweat was pouring off my forehead, and I went as white as the background here. I made it to the toilet, but thankfully didn't get sick. That is not an experience I really want while I'm recovering from surgery. Claire says that it might have been a reaction to the medication, but after sitting on the cold bathroom floor a few minutes I feel better now. Hopefully it was just a once off thing.

Guess that rules out any mutant powers then...

1 comment:

NixX & Nero said...

MEDICATION!