Friday, January 15, 2010

I'll Know My Name As It's Called Again

BBC have released a wonderful promo for their Winter/Spring 2010 drama lineup. The promo introduces us to new shows such as "Lennon Naked", starring ex-Time Lord and comic-book evil genius Christopher Eccleston and "The Deep", starring the always fantastic James Nesbit as he gets stuck on a submarine, as well as the welcome return of old favourites "Ashes to Ashes", "Being Human", and of course, the eleventh Doctor makes his appearance in "Doctor Who". This is the fifth season of the relaunched classic time travel series which brings it up to an astounding 30 seasons of Who since it's launch in 1963!

As well as an enjoyable piece of viewing, the promo is wonderful to listen to thanks to the track "The Cave", from Mumford & Sons, an English folk rock band from London. I loved the piece as soon as I started watching the promo. This is the second time I can recall an advertisement introducing me to an artist I'd never heard of before. The first time was Vodafones advertising campaign featuring Regina Spektor, though it took talking to Cian before I knew whose voice that was.

Anyway, watch the promo and enjoy. 2010 on BBC looks like it's going to be another wonderful year.

Edit: I'm really digging these Mumford & Sons guys, even more since reading the first paragraph from their latest News post. Come back Knuckles!! All is forgiven!

No comments: