Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Going Live

Since the move to Canada one of the most effective systems for keeping in touch with friends back home has been Xbox Live. It'd been great to just switch on and chat to Bob and Jp, whether playing a game or not.

But it's been even more important for keeping in contact with my brother. Stephen has spent a year in New Zealand and a year in Australia, and Xbox Live has allowed us to game together and stay in touch almost every week, across half a world.

Stephen is heading back to Ireland in a few weeks, and in preparation for his trip he posted home his Xbox today. We chatted for a bit yesterday before I went to bed, and I have to admit that I was starting to get a little choked up as we were saying good-bye.

I'll miss gaming with my brother over Live. It made me feel like we weren't so far apart.

No comments: