Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weekend Work

Most people enjoy their work-free weekends, going hiking, relaxing at home, or visiting family.

My weekends are usually filled with sleeping in late, going forwalks to Granville Island, or around the beautiful Lynn Valley, hanging out with friends, going for dinner with friends, watching movies or playing Xbox.

But I love getting woken up at 7:30 Saturday morning with a phone-call. It's happened four times in the last two months, and it's always the same.

"Hi Denis. Sorry to call you, but can you work for us this morning?"

Shower, shave and out the door for four hours of working with smallies and their parents on a Saturday morning. I love it.

When work isn't even work, it's easy to enjoy and look forward to. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Friday is my Monday. I look forward to Monday morning like most people look forward to Friday at 5pm.

No comments: